Wednesday 2 May 2012

Moroccan Chicken One Pot


Honestly, how many times can I cook a tomato based one pot dish and not get sick of them, but the truth is I don't get sick of them, each one I post is slightly different in flavour, ingredients and is served better with it's own range of sides or lain on a bed pasta, rice or pulses.  Luckily hubby likes them too and I am free to indulge my passion.

This recipe is one I have altered slightly from the May issue of Good Food Magazine

Moroccan Chicken One Pot
Serves 2 Pro Points per serving approx 16

4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into chunks
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp olive oil
1 can cherry tomatoes
1 generous tablespoon Harissa paste
2 tsp runny honey
1 courgette, sliced into rounds
1 can chick peas, drained
1 onion sliced

Season the chicken with cumin and pepper, add the oil to a large pan and cook the chicken and onions for about 8 minutes.
Add the tomatoes with 100ml water, stir in the Harissa, honey, courgette and chick peas.
Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened.  Serve

I had this dish by itself in a bowl, hubby had it with some leftover rice, but equally it would be great with boiled potatoes or a leafy salad.  The originally recipe called for Chicken breasts not thighs, but I was working with what I had in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.