Tuesday 28 February 2012

Chorizo in Red Wine

Prior to my birthday spiced pork roast lunch I served up some little nibbles on a tapas theme, first came my tortilla and then a most pleasing and simple recipe.

Chorizo in Red Wine

500g Chorizo, I used cooking Chorizo
200ml Gutsy Spanish red wine

Prick the chorizo several times, place in a small saucepan and pour in the red wine.  Bring to the boil and simmer away for 20 min.  Leave to cool and then cover and leave for 8 hours or overnight to marinate. Drink the remainder of the bottle of wine.

Next day slice the chorizo into 5mm slices and quickly fry in a frying pan, add the remaining red wine and cook away until the sauce has reduced and gone thick & sticky.  Serve hot.

This really was spectacular, everybody loved it and I only just managed to get a photo taken before it was devoured!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.