Thursday 12 May 2011

Summer Chicken One-Pot


Well the Good Food Magazine June 2011 just leapt off the shelf at me this month, mainly due to the fabulous picture of this dish in the cover.  My One-Pot love continues.  Similar to the chicken & spring vegetable stew I posted a few weeks ago but just, if not more, delish.  I have made a few changes to suit what I had in the fridge at the time.

Summer Chicken One-Pot
Serve 4

8 chicken thighs
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp olive oil
8 rashers streaky bacon (I used smoked) - chopped
400ml chicken stock
250g new potatoes, halved
200g full-fat soft cheese (I used 100g lower fat soft cheese)
200g broad beans (I used frozen peas)
200g sweetcorn, fresh, frozen or in a can
200g cherry tomatoes (I had baby plum toms to hand)

Dust the chicken with flour seasoned with S&P and fry in the lidded pan until brown.  I found this a really good tip - usually when I brown chicken it gets stuck to the bottom of the pan, but using the flour I ended up with lovely crispy brown chicken and no sticking!  Remove from the pan and fry the bacon until crispy.

Return the chicken to the pan, add the stock, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cover again and continue simmering for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and potatoes tender.
Stir in the cheese, peas, tomatoes and sweetcorn, cook for a further 5 minutes and then serve.

Really bright and colourful, packed full of fresh flavour.  Another super easy one pot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.