Monday 6 September 2010

Chimichurri (on Rib Eye Steak)



Riffling through the Saturday Times a couple of weeks ago I came across a recipe for Chimichurri, the Argentinian sauce/salsa for drizzling on top of your steak. Finding that I actually had all the ingredients in the cupboard I set to work making it.
Since then I have thrown away the newspaper and I am loathe to pay Times Online to get hold of this recipe again, so I googled it and found there is recipe upon recipe for this accompaniment and they are all pretty much of a muchness. Therefore this recipe is a mish mash of all those other recipes.

Chimichurri Salsa

1 Medium Onion - Finely Chopped
2 Red Chillies - Finely Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic - Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Parsley - Finely Chopped
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
Salt & Pepper

Basically mix all the ingredients together, maybe tweeking a little to taste.

This is a fabulously fresh sauce that smelt wonderful, I think I put a little too much on my pan fried rare ribeye steak as it was a little overpowering, but utterly delicious. I will definitely make this again. I served with crushed new potatoes with grain mustard and stringless beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.