Wednesday 13 May 2009

Tuna Rice


Wow, almost a month since my last entry. This is not because I have not been cooking or eating, but more likely, most of the food cooked I have already blogged about or it has been rather mundane, I did not have the time or inclination to try anything new or exciting over the past month, oh and yes we also spent a week in France and Bruges sampling far too many delicious meals and copious amounts of red wine.
There were several pots of moules and frites and a couple of Flemish Stew, a rich and unctuous beef and beer dish, I must find a recipe I like, that I think is near to what we had in Bruges so I can pop it into the slow cooker.
So far I have been astounded by just how many versions there are to choose from, I will continue my search and dear reader you will be the first to know if I find one that meets my requirements.

Upon our return to the UK, with a pretty empty fridge and larder I remembered a pretty light, simple and tasty dish that was a favourite when growing up - Tuna Rice.


1 - 2 cans of Tuna
Approx 3/4pt Bechamel sauce
250grms Cooked Rice - I used basmati
3 hard boiled eggs
Handful Grated Cheddar Cheese
Ball of Mozzarella

Make up your Bechamel sauce, whilst the rice is cooking. Tip the tuna into the sauce and mix well - season. Take the hard boiled eggs and slice finely. Once the rice is cooked place a third of it into an oven proof dish, layer a third of the sauce on top and one of the sliced eggs and a bit of ripped up mozzarella, repeat twice. On top of the final layer add the grated Cheddar and further seasoning if required. Place in oven at 200oc for 20minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.