Wednesday 8 April 2009

Sort of Chicken Giouvetsi


Whilst perusing my blogroll I came across this recipe from Kevin at Closet Cooking for Chicken Giouvetsi and while I did not have all the correct ingredients in the cupboard I thought I would give it a go with what I did have and make some similar substitutions. I am a huge fan of one pot cooking - in fact looking back over my recipes most of them are one pots and this is another one to be added to the list.


4 Chicken Thighs, skin on.
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
250g Riccioli pasta
400ml chicken stock
Big dollop tomato puree
salt and pepper


Pre-cook pasta in boiling water for 7 or so mins, so it is still on the firm side of al dente - drain.
Heat oil in a deep pan, fry the chicken pieces until the skin is crispy and brown. Put to one side. Fry the onion and pepper until tender, then add the pasta, stock, tomato puree and seasoning. Place the chicken on top, pop in oven for 40 mins at 200oc until the stock is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.