Wednesday 15 April 2009

Beer Marinade Pork Ribs




With the promise of good weather to come (hopefully) I figure it is time to get to grips with my BBQ skills and dishes, so having found a very reasonable rack of pork ribs and armed with my Ainsley Harriot Big Cook Out book I tried his Dodg'em and Down'em Cowboy Ribs.




330ml strong lager
grated rind & juice of a lime
2 garlic cloves - crushed
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tbls dark muscavado sugar
1 tsp chilli flakes
S&P
1 sheet of pork ribs approx 750g


Mix all the ingredients (except pork) together.

Add the ribs to the mixture and marinate for 8-24 hours.

Cook over a medium BBQ, turning occasionally for 25-35 mins.

The weather still not being clement enough to drag out the BBQ I cooked them in the oven at 200oc for the same amount of time, turning halfway.

They came out wonderfully brown and crispy on the outside, but so tender and tasty, and being a non-sticky marinade they were not messy to eat.

To go with the ribs I made a simple potato salad with a finely sliced shallot & parsley and a beef tomato, mozzarella and basil salad.
Now I know the recipe is a winner I cannot wait for the glorious warm and sunny days of summer (!??!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.